Thursday 23 August 2012

Tailgating World Record in Qatar

Qatari citizen Abdulla Al Bumfuddle on the 8 May set a new Guiness World Record for tailgating on D Ring Road.

In fact what made this feat so remarkable it was actually two records in one. Abdulla managed to keep his Land Crusier at a distance of just 0.2 cm from the car in front, (a new world record) for a distance of 8km which is also a record. The judges was not only impressed by this feat of driving skill alone, it was the fact that he managed to do it, while flashing his headlights, texting his wife and smoking a cigarette.
When interviewed by the Gulf-Penisular Abdulla said, 'after the first 4 kms I was thinking of backing off to a safe meter but then I was worried the man in front would not see me and not get out of the way. I was in a hurry to get to my destination as I had a six hour shisha marathon to attend to. Luckly after the 8th km the traffic thinned and he moved over to the next lane so I could pass.'
When questioned did he think his driving was dangerous and maybe the car in front had no room to move Abdulla was sure,
'Even the man in front appreciated my actions. As I drove past him he gave me the one finger wave indicating I am the No.1 driver on the road and appreciating my skills. To get that from an American meant so much to me and I showed the salute to my wife when I got home. I really hope to meet him on the road again so we can go bumper to bumper in multicultural motor harmony.'

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha LOL, this is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL....

    Yes, I have only just found your blog;-)

    Xena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should get some more of the old QLers. However I do owe some serious updates and more 'articles' been travelling too much.....

      Delete
  3. Hahahahahaha...now I understand..:)

    ReplyDelete