Friday 16 November 2012

Human Rights Outrage in Saudi

An undercover reporter from the blog livingfreeinqatar discovered a disturbing sight this week when uncovering illegal Indian racing just outside Jeddah. Over three days he watched as thousands of Saudis and other gulf nationals, plus one Filipino and two Lebanese men with pointing shoes watched and gambled as 8 Indians per race chased a 20 Riyal note.

In what seemed to be a copy of greyhound racing popular in other counties of the world, 8 Indians chased round an oval dirt circuit to be the first to capture the 20 Riyal note, which tantalisingly always stayed just out of reach. Human Rights group, Self Congratulating White People of the 1st World Easing Their Consciouses United, while have a ridiculously long name made some salient points. 'This takes Saudi to a new all time low. If economic slavery was not enough they exploit these poor brown people for their own amusement. Not since my grandfather using a Sikh as a table in the last days of the Raj have I been so miffed'

However Mohamed Al Camellover was defining, 'no one forces them to come and they know the salary when we approach them in the slums of Mumbai swimming in their own filth. If they weren't happy they would still be eating their own shit, instead of being clapped and applauded. In fact we treat them better than our camels and I should know I'm a camel lover'

Ahemd Al Easyjob used an economic argument, 'while I was studying for me degree in the UK I feel in love with greyhound racing, the sights, the smells, the gambling....... Ah, back on subject. I was going to import greyhounds to Saudi but they are really expensive and they kept dying in the heat. We found the Indians much more hardy and they could race on just one byriani a day. I have my personal favourite, Ashraf the fast. Clever eh? We named it that because he is faster than the others. See what my 9 year degree in the UK gave me' When your brave reporter pointed out that degrees take a maximum of 4 years, Ahmed shouted I was anti nationalisation and told the police I said something bad about Mohamed.

As the US and Europe condemned the practise, Iran and China said they should not interfere in the internal affairs of a sovereign country.

1 comment:

  1. This is great. Almost believable except there's no longer a 20 riyal note.
    Maybe they saved a few just for the racing? :-)

    ReplyDelete