Wednesday 13 December 2017

Egyptian Man Finally Stops Talking

In what has been claimed as a new world record, an Egyptian man in the finance department of QP finally stopped talking in a meeting after 8 hours and 34 minutes, when he boss in desperation shouted out, 'Can you just get to the fucking point!'

Anil from Kerala, (not India) who was present at the meeting witness this remarkable feat, 'The room was booked for one hour to discuss the budget for Qatar National celebrations but then Mohamed started talking and talking and talking. First it was just general greetings, then he asked about everyone's family without waiting for an answer, then he told us a story about how his brother in Cairo is having a hard time financially and that we should offer him a job, because he is really, really good and he said he is not saying that because it is his brother but because it was true. At one point he stopped to take a breath and the chair of the meeting was about to get us back on track, but then Mohamed started a monologue about how he had been in Qatar for over 23 years and he had personally been involved in every single great achievement in Qatar during that time, this was the bulk of the 8 hours and 34 minutes of non-stop talking. To be honest I didn't mind as I got to book an extra two hours overtime and I don't like my family anyway'

LivingfreeinQatar blog reached out to Mohamed for comment and he was surprised he had set a new record in Qatar. Mohamed went on the record to say, 'A new record for Qatar? Yanni, in Egypt this would be considered a warm up. I once attended a meeting at my cousins company in Alexandra when he spoke for 34 hours and 2 minutes non-stop and not one single decision was agreed upon. His company went bankrupt shortly afterwards and some said it was because of the lack of productivity, but I know it was a Zionist plot against hard working Arabs. As for my role in QP I like to see myself as the man that brings everyone together, the glue if you will between all nations and I know in my heart no one likes silence. Even the annoying Indian guy, Anil enjoys my meetings as he gets to book overtime and his own contribution is to shake his head at random times and smile at our Qatari boss."

Our incredulous reporter asked him if he plans to speak less about nothing and actually get to the point in future, Mohamed replied, 'What to do yanni? Sometimes I have no idea what the meeting is about but I don't want people to realise so I just start talking, I think it makes me look important. Anyway my home life is a mess and my wife won't let me get a word in, she and her mother once had a conversation that lasted 6 days, 12 hours and 25 minutes and consisted of absolutely nothing"

When QP was approached for comment on whether they would celebrate this new record a company spokesman said, 'Look we only hire Egyptians to fill up a quota and they fill in the periods of silence when no one has anything meaningful to say"

No comments:

Post a Comment