Wednesday 13 December 2017

World Confused by Alabama

In the first time in recorded history something happened in Alabama that was noticed by the rest of the world. The election campaign for a seat in the Senate was one of the most bizarre in American election history and that comes from a country that elected Donald Trump as President.

Sampling views from around the world, livingfreeinqatar found confusion and disbelief on the state of American Democracy. Tim O'Tommy from the UK commented, "There I was watching the ten O'clock news on the wonderful BBC and they ran a small piece on the state election in Alabama, which appeared to be between a racist pedophile and someone who was not a racist pedophile. Now imagine my surprise when this was a simple choice for the voters of Alabama that the race itself was actually quite close. So shocked was I, I had to pour another cup of tea from my Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee tea pot and stroke my mustache in a disapproving manner. I'll also be cancelling my subscription to National Geographic in protest'.

Majid from Pakistan was equally confused, 'I know in my country marrying a 14 year old girl or harassing girls outside a school is not considered a hindrance to high office, in fact it is considered a prerequisite, but we all believed America democracy was different. They TOLD us it was different. We were told we were the racist, anti Semitic pedophiles when all along they lived in a place called Alabama and the extremist Christians voted for them! I am so disgusted at such a backward country I am withdrawing my green card application right away but I still love Mickey Mouse"

Our final contributor was Shane Bigtool from Australia, 'Alabama? Isn't that a mythical place in a song by Lynard Skynard, where the skies are so blue? They made it sound so good, strewth mate, now you tell me that it's inhabited by people living in 1858 who couldn't give a dingo's arse about the black fellas. Even down in Strayla we let them roam free and only consider the sheilas fair game after 16 years of age. You're telling me Americans are going to vote for a man who does't give his fellow man a fair crack of the whip and has a liking for little girls? Jees, that's pretty fucked up"

No comments:

Post a Comment